If you want to stay healthy, you need to eat balanced, nutritious food. Of course, there will be more carbohydrates, but it is also important to eat enough pulses, fish and vegetables. The biggest problem of the present time is adulteration. The foods that we include in our daily diet should not be harmful to us. It is very important to pay attention to that. But the question is how do you identify adulterated things? This question is answered by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
Awareness about adulterated products
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India or FSSAI uploads a video to their Twitter handle to identify adulteration. Earlier, he posted a video on how to identify a besan mixed with khesari dal flour. As a result, on the one hand, the buyer is deprived of such authentic things, on the other hand, the nutritional value of the food also goes away.
What is FSSAI saying?
As you may know, FSSAI has shared a lot of things on Twitter so far. FSSAI has taken this initiative to make people aware about adulteration in food items. Named #DectingFood Adulterant. Earlier, they shared the method of testing for adulteration in essential food items like turmeric, spices, gram flour and flour. This time he shared a post on Twitter to find out if the rice is adulterated. Which is very important for you to know.
How is rice prepared?
The rice that is eaten in large quantities in the eastern and southern parts of India. Before it is processed, it is boiled and dried before being sent to the mill. So that its quality is maintained and the nutritional value present in it is also intact. The sole purpose of this process is to maintain the quality of the rice even after cooking.
Now you know if there is a veggie in the rice that way?
- The FSSAI has said that the method of checking whether the rice is adulterated or not.
- FSSAI has named it ‘Detect Turmeric Adalteration in Sella Rice’.
- Don’t worry, FSSAI also shared an easy way to test it, which is as follows.
- First take a glass plate and put some rice in it.
- Then put soaked lime on this rice.
- If your rice is pure, the color of the lime will remain the same.
- But if the color of lime turns red, it means that your rice is adulterated.
- See how easily you can verify the purity of rice.
We would love to give thanks to the writer of this post for this incredible web content
Rice Adulteration: Do you know that the rice you are buying at the beginning of the month is adulterated? FSSAI pointed out the way