Byzantine gold ring
A gold ring set with purple stones. This ring is thousands of years old. And this thousand year old ring has been found in the city of Yavane in Israel. There was again a bar. The discovery of the ring was announced last November by the Israeli Antiquities Department. The valuable ring is thought to have been owned by a wealthy man during the Byzantine period. Who lived in Israel sometime between the 3rd and 7th centuries. Most likely the man went to the bar to drink. And intoxicated, he left the ring there. Guess, archaeologists.
Rembrandt’s Lost Paintings
A painting of Jesus Christ by seventeenth-century artist Rembrandt was discovered this year. The main subject of this picture is the first interview of the three wise men with the baby Jesus Christ after birth. The painting was hung on a wall in a village in Italy. It fell on the floor in 2016 and was damaged. At that time, while repairing it, surprising information came to the fore. It is known that it is not an ordinary painting at all. The painting was painted between 1832 and 1833. A few months ago, the Heritage Foundation of Italy reported that the painting was created by the famous painter Rembrandt. The name ‘The Adoration of Majesty’. For many years, there was no trace of the film.
The whole lost city
The best archaeological discovery of the year was made in Egypt. An entire city. Age is more than 3000 years. The city was submerged in the sands of the desert. Almost every year, Egypt, the mine of ancient monuments, responds with new discoveries. This year too he did not disappoint. This year, an entire ancient city has been discovered just ten feet deep in the heart of the country’s desert. Experts estimate that it is still the largest ancient city to be found in Egypt. The first lost city was found in the city of Luxor in Egypt in 2020. From then on, archaeologists started digging there. Most of the southern part of the city was visible until last April. Betsy Bryan, an archaeologist studying Egyptian history and a professor at Johns Hopkins University, said the discovery of the lost city was the biggest discovery since Tutankhamen’s tomb. There is a cemetery in town. Many ancient skeletons have been discovered there. Matching antique utensils, jatakal, glass and cloth weaving machine, jewelery etc. The items are kept in such a way that it looks as if they have just been placed there. Most likely the city was quite magnificent during the time of Amenhotep III.
The oldest cave paintings
Probably the oldest cave painting in the world was discovered this year. The age of the image is more than 45 thousand years. Ancient caves were recently discovered on the island of Sulawesi in Indonesia. There were 45,500 year old paintings on the walls of that cave. The cave depicts three animals, such as pigs, standing side by side. Two animals are fighting and one animal is watching that fight. The picture was painted with red colored stones or something else. Earlier, some more cave paintings were found in the area. One of them is 43,900 years old. That is a picture of a victim. Earlier such cave paintings were discovered from many ancient caves in Europe. As a result, it has long been thought that the world’s oldest cave paintings were found only in Europe. After the new discovery, however, that mistake is broken.
Gold masks in the sacrificial pit
In June of this year, archaeologists discovered about 500 sacrificial holes at the Shanxingdui Archaeological Site in China. A broken gold mask was found in one of the holes. The mask is made of light gold leaf. It dates back to the Sang Dynasty of China. About a hundred years ago, a local farmer discovered the Shansingdui site in the southern Chinese city of Chengdu. After receiving the news, the search for ancient history began. Then gradually thousands of archeological specimens were recovered from there. The gold mask is the most recent pattern. It is believed that the gold mask was part of a larger bronze helmet. Other discoveries include the remains of ivory, a bronze statue and a jade knife.
The little beads of Europe
Excavations in eastern Alaska in mid-2000 yielded some small beads. The beads are made in Europe. In January, experts at the University of Alaska Fairbanks reported that the beads were one of the first European-made materials to arrive in North America. They were transported from Europe to North America across the Atlantic Ocean before Christopher Columbus discovered America. Studies have shown that the beads were taken to North America between 1440 and 1480. Columbus arrived in the United States in 1492, several years later. Researchers estimate that in the fifteenth century, there were trade relations between Venice, Italy, and Asia. At that time, the beads may have reached China from Europe via Silk Road. From there it goes to the far east of Russia. He then crossed the Bering Strait and found his way to North America via the Arctic.
There’s more …
- In March of this year, the Israeli government announced the discovery of dozens of manuscripts of the Dead Sea. It is known that a portion of the manuscript contained Bible words. Archaeologists have unearthed them in the Judean Desert in western Israel.
- In March, archaeologists found an image carved on the wall of an ancient temple in Peru. The age of the painting is about 3,200 years. In the picture there is a spider god with a knife. The temple was discovered in 2020 in northern Peru. Most of the temple was destroyed.
- In May, a portrait of the head of the first emperor of ancient Rome, Augustus Octavian, was found. The marble portrait is 2,000 years old. It was discovered during a medieval wall renovation in the Italian city of Isernia.
- Another shocking news came to the fore last August. The remains of a warrior were recovered from a Stone Age tomb in Finland. DNA analysis suggests that the fighter was of the third sex.
- In October, the Dallas Museum of Art announced a new discovery of Vincent van Gogh’s Olive Grove painting. One of them is stuck with the tail of an insect over the color of a picture. We are looking for the place where the picture was painted.
- Archaeologists have unearthed a 25th-century BC temple in Egypt last November. It is thought to be a part of Egypt’s lost ‘Sun Temple’.
We wish to give thanks to the author of this write-up for this awesome web content
You too will be amazed to hear about this year’s archeological discoveries!